Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm thinking...

that i should go to my car and get that yogurt that i took with me this morning. wondering if it'll be warm or weird from being in there all day. i'm a little worried that i should be doing my homework and concerned that i'm not going to pass my classes. i'm thinking this weekend is going to be long because i have a lot i need to do and that it'll go by too fast and i'll forget something. in this moment, i am not in the library, there is not a man sitting next to me, occasionally singing, there is not a girl next to me, clicking away, there are not librarians behind me, possibly noticing that i'm not doing homework on a computer that is designated for such, all i hear is the music in my ear, i feel the keyboard under my fingers, and i'm at home, without a concern. i'm realizing that i only have an hour before i need to be in the next building over. to work. to type numbers, and sign papers, and be bored, for 3 hours. something broke my concentration. a class being given an orientation of the library. the voice broke through the song in my ear. bringing me into the room where i sit. remembering now that i want to eat. not because i'm hungry, but because i don't want to be hungry while i'm working. so that i won't have to take a break. even taking a break is something dreaded. a break means a walk to the cafeteria and a walk back. laziness. sloth, one of the seven deadly sins. is this society less concerned with sloth? do we not need to be reminded that this is a sin? eating away our quality of life. taking the HUMANITY out of everyday. it's ingrained in us to be physical, active, alive. the computer has taken over. television. screens. habit. boredom. i challenge you, make something of the day. ask yourself, "how many times have i logged onto the computer this month, this week, this day?" take a deap breath. listen to your body. and do something. ugh, i'm not going to listen to myself. i'll be back, just after i check my facebook.

2 comments:

Han-Gyul said...

If you become well famous you should write a book of random thoughts like this, it would be swell as.

Drew said...

lol. ok, i will take that into consideration. :D