Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh my god, is this really what you want? would you tell yourself it's not, and could you rewrite the plot and come and get us?

Driving home from school, eating an orange, and listening to wild sweet orange. Only the orange isn't sweet, or wild.

And the day seems very much behind me now. Watching Nothing On in my theatre class, being locked out of my journalism class and deciding to go to the mall, locking my keys in the car, waiting at the mall for two hours for my mom to drop off my spare key, eating lunch in old sacramento, being asked if i liked reading, given a small wallet-sized pamphlet preceded by the question "are you a christian", being touched on the hand while hearing the words "bless you", ariving to school, buying my ten-million-pound clay, ariving to class and realizing i'm an hour late, trying to catch up from missing a day of class, running to my car to put away my stuff, running back through the parking garage and back to school to arrive at work ten minutes late, working for 50 minutes, closing, walking back across the campus, and back up the stairs of the parking garage, realizing i walked too high and walking back down a flight of stairs, and then, of course, my opening line: Driving home from school, eating an orange, and listening to wild sweet orange. Only the orange isn't sweet, or wild.


When i got home there was a battery waiting, waiting to be devoured by my car.

I love how your car has a battery. It's just a battery. Granted, it's heavy, and huge, but it's the same thing we use to power electrical razers, flashlights, and video cameras. Remarkable.

So the day will end. And i will sleep. And tommorow is just another day. Another day of confusion, chaos, and oranges.


-drew

2 comments:

jjzapman said...

I love Wild Sweet Orange! They are one of my favorite bands :D

Drew said...

yessss me too. my friend burnt me the cd and i love it ever since the first "i saw ten dead dogs, on the side of the road"